Palomar College Dual Enrollment
BUSD has a signed a Career and College Access Pathways (CCAP) agreement with Palomar College which allows for the following:
- Bonsall High School partners with Palomar to offer college courses on campus during the school day.
- BUSD covers the cost of registration fees, materials, and field trips to Palomar for these CCAP courses.
- Courses are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. This means that students must pay close attention to deadlines for registration and paperwork requirements to be admitted to the class of their choice.
- Some courses do not allow high school students to take priority over college students, this is particularly true in impacted courses in which the college is struggling to fill demand.
- BHS students do not pay tuition fees, but are responsible for registration fees (typically $20) and for course materials such as textbooks. Students are advised to investigate course material costs prior to enrollment as they can range from 0-$500/course.
- The K-12 Enrollment Form requires the signature of Liz LaBlond, our BHS College Liaison, who will process with Palomar College.
- Students are allowed a maximum of 7 college credits for Fall or Spring Semester and 5 college credits for Summer.